The Nurse Specialist Group of the Pancreatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland (PSGBI) was established several years ago for nurses with a specific interest in pancreatic cancer.
- The group aims to:
Promote the role of the nurse specialist in the complex management of pancreatic cancer
- Promote the development of evidence based practice
- Develop relevant guidelines and protocols which are consistent and reliable
- Share and disseminate information across different regions
- Provide a register of contact details for members for ongoing support and advice
- Promote the role of the nurse specialist within the Pancreatic Society
Lilly Oncology sponsor an annual Pancreatic Study Day which provides an opportunity to address the group’s objectives. The conference is organised by nurses for nurses and other members of the multi-disciplinary team with an interest in pancreatic cancer. Speakers from different specialities are invited and include Surgeons, Gastro-enterologists, Oncologists, Macmillan Nurses, Dieticians and Clinical Nurse Specialists.